Is Unique Advantage for you?
You don’t understand why other people’s businesses are thriving while yours isn’t. You’re working super hard but you’re not getting the attention, cash and clients you need to make your business viable.
You’re awesome at what you do and you know you can really help people but…
You can’t seem to find your “voice” so everything you write sounds like a business encyclopaedia OR a WhatsApp message your 15-year-old cousin would write.
You’re afraid to narrow down your focus in case you alienate a potential client so you do a little bit of everything and anything.
Your ideal customer is any living, breathing human aged 18-55 with a credit card.
You couldn’t pick your brand story out of a line-up let alone confidently explain who you are, what you do and whom you help.
Your website copy feels awkward and inconsistent because you’ve pulled bits and pieces together between deadlines without any clear strategy.
And if you’re honest with yourself, all the free e-courses and webinars haven’t helped you get any clearer on your messaging, ideal client or how to write sales copy.
A one-size-fits-all approach to business doesn’t work
The one thing that sets you apart from all other businesses is YOU.
In the sea of sameness, it’s your ideas that people want to know. Your experiences they want to hear. Your knowledge they want to pay for.
And now more than ever, people want to buy from businesses who have a clear purpose and a reason for existing.
Knowing your message and your purpose can make the difference between success and failure.
If you’re not getting the attention, the clients and the cash you want in your business, then you need to change how you talk about your work.
This is why I created my Unique Advantage program.
You are your own Unique Advantage
I help women-led, service-based businesses share who they are, what they do and attract their ideal clients in a way that feels right to them.
Unique Advantage is NOT like other branding, sales and copywriting services out there.
My program is 100% done-for-you and with you. This means you won’t be jumping on weekly ‘how-to’ webinars with 300 other people OR drop fed daily to-do lists via email.
And the messages, business solutions and website copy I create are 100% customised for your business. I don’t believe in a one-size-fits-all approach which is why I take the time to get to know my clients and the ins and outs of their business.
Plus, unlike most brand consultants, copywriters and sales coaches, I can overall your brand messaging, help you package up your services AND write your website copy all at the same time.
This means when we work together you won’t just get clever and concise copy; you’ll also get up-to-date suggestions for how to get the most out of your content, and a real person to discuss your business strategy with.
This program is for you if:
- you’re afraid of standing out
- you struggle to be “yourself” on the internet
- you don’t know what your area of expertise is
- you’re hesitant to narrow your market
- you know your website copy needs a polish
- all of the above.
Rachel listened carefully to my ideas and dreams, demonstrating her ability to collaborate, but was never hesitant to give it to me straight, particularly when I desperately sought clarity. Rachel is able to take overwhelming information and translate it into actionable steps and remove the complexities surrounding job applications, self promotion and starting a new business from scratch. Rachel’s skills in teaching communications and sharing her business knowledge are evident. In only a short space of time my own writing skills and marketing knowledge have vastly improved, to the point where I love writing again and have an reignited interest in marketing.
In less than six months, Rachel has helped me to completely switch from a somewhat rigid corporate mind-set to an inspired and excited business owner. She helped me discover and have the confidence I needed to target my ideal client; someone I could provide the best value to but who would also in return provide me with immense satisfaction and be open to forming a strong partnership. The quality of the copy Rachel developed with me, speaks for itself, but I will say that Rachel has a talent for understanding the voice of not only her clients but the prospective customers. To this day, Rachel continues to help me build a brand which is authentic and sustainable. I continuously look back over the resources provided by Rachel and I have no doubt they will serve me well into the future.Sophia Colquhoun
With Unique Advantage, you get clear on:
My done-for-you package takes you through a process of discovery with the end result being perfectly crafted website copy that is on brand AND will have your clients clicking the buy now button.
- Why you want to run your business
Obviously to make money but that’s not always going to get you up in the morning
- What’s worked so far and what hasn’t
You’re doing something right so let’s capitalise on that!
- Who you’re up against
I do a little market research to see what we need to do to stand out from the pack
- Who your ideal client is
You need to stop working with mediocre clients that don’t want to pay you
- What services you offer + how to package them up
Wouldn’t it be nice if your website did the hard selling for you?
- Then I use all this information to create your brand personality, key messages AND write website copy for your entire website from your Homepage to your About page to your Sales pages
Plus, $1,950 worth of Bonuses created just for you
The glowing testimonial template (Value: $250)
Social proof is more important than ever. But getting clients to give you raving reviews can be hard, especially if you don’t know what you want them to say OR the right questions to ask. “Rachel was nice and I’d work with her again,” just isn’t going to cut it.
My glowing testimonial template takes the stress out of asking people to say kind words about you, how you work, and how your services solved their problems. One great testimonial can be the difference between a sale for you and a sale for someone else.
This template will work for website testimonials, social media testimonials, video testimonials and even speaking testimonials.
30x done-for-you custom headlines (Value: $250)
How do you stop the scroll? With a headline that is unique, ultra-specific, useful and conveys a sense of urgency.
A great headline convinces people to read your copy while a poor one sends potential customers to your competitors.
There’s an art to writing headlines that grab peoples’ attention AND result in clicks. Thankfully, I can take the guesswork out of writing them.
My 30 tailored-to-your-business headlines will stop people in their tracks by showing your ideal customers how you solve their problems and why they should work with you above everyone else.
You’ll be able to use the headlines anywhere you need to get eyeballs on your work: sales pages, blog posts, Facebook Ads, articles, email subject lines, and more.
2x done-for-you Facebook ad copy (Value: $450)
It’s not enough to build your website and say, “they will come.” You have to go to where people are and persuade them to venture to your site. This is where Facebook ads come in.
My crafted-for-you Facebook Ad copy will give you the time to do what you do best – running your business! My warm and cold ads will start a conversation with your extended community and encourage people to learn more about who you are, what you do and how you can help.
All you need to do is add a branded image and be ready to greet and WOW new potential customers.
Hardworking website design + SEO copy (Value: $1000)
You need to think of your website as a customer service representative that can show the value of your work when you aren’t available to do the talking.
Perfectly crafted website copy won’t get you very far if it’s shoved into a poorly designed and laid out website.
That’s why I lay out your website copy for you, ensuring everything has its place, your keywords are included, and you have emphasised all the important sections like headings and call-to-actions.
This is a part of the process where I tie your copywriting and design together so you’re website can do the talking.
Rachel managed to find direction and clarity in my business, when I wasn’t able to. Working with Rachel was so easy; she asked me the right questions, gathering what she needed, and pulled together a mishmash of information to write amazing copy. Her final website copy perfectly represented the feel and vibe I had wanted but was unable to achieve by writing the copy myself. Now I feel confident and proud of my business. Rachel’s help has given me back that boost of passion and motivation I had been lacking in my business.Georgina Pearce-Davis
I’d work with Rachel again because she absolutely nailed my brief even though I had mixed in 10 different writing styles and couldn’t quite articulate what I wanted. As soon as I read the first draft of my website copy I knew she understood my vision. Rachel was able to articulate my voice and engage my target market through her amazing writing. Rachel’s overall communication and project management was exceptional – I knew where I stood at all times and the time lines were well communicated.Ash Mandela
Unique Advantage is for you if:
- You’re the founder of a woman-led business
- You’re a one-woman show OR manage a 1-3 person team
- You run an online service-based business
- You’ve been in business for at least 6-months and are ready to get strategic OR You’ve been in business for 12-months or more and you’ve outgrown your current brand
- You have a good idea of what your purpose is, what you hope to achieve or change through your business, and whom you want to help
- You’re ready to make some changes – you can’t expect a different result if you keep doing the same things you always have. You might need to learn a new skill or accept marketing yourself is necessary or face a fear. Either way, you’re going to have to change something
I’ll be there with you every step of the process
Step 1: Defining your Business Purpose: What Do You Want to Achieve
- You’ll receive an easy-to-complete online form that will help me get to know you and your business better
- We’ll then have a 2-hour Zoom call where we will talk about everything from why you started your business to your business strategy to what you’ve tried marketing wise
- You’ll leave the meeting with a clear understanding of the process and I’ll have all the information I need to get started
Step 2: Defining Areas of Expertise: What Sets You Apart + Where is Your Zone Of Genius
- From our initial chat, I’ll help you to pinpoint any fears that have been holding you back, uncover your unique skills and talents and discover what you can offer that no one else can
- We’ll have a look at your values, soft and hard skills, previous experience, learning styles and desired lifestyle
Step 3: Business + Online Presence Audit: Where You’re At
- Once I know where you want to go, I’ll look at your current website, social media profiles, branding and packages to see what we need to build upon or change
- I’ll help you pinpoint what’s working and why AND what areas you can improve or different strategies you can try
Step 4: Industry Audit: Who You’re Up Against
- I’ll also do market research to see who else is out there doing similar work to you so we can highlight your strengths and make you stand out from the pack
- You’ll gain a better understanding of where and how to position yourself in the market
Step 5: Defining Your Ideal Client: Who Are We Speaking With?
- Then, we’ll jump on another 2-hour Zoom call where we’ll chat about everything from your ideal client to your services to how you want your brand to sound, look and feel
- You’ll leave the meeting with a clear understanding of how you want to be seen and heard in the world, what you want to do with your time and who you want to serve
Step 6: Creating a Brand Personality: Voice, Tone and Word Guide
- I’ll create your brand messaging including taglines, call-to-actions and signoffs
- I’ll also create a voice, tone and word guide that we’ll use to guide the creation of your website copy. You will be able to use all of these documents for any future marketing too
Step 7: Creating a Brand Story: Your Purpose + What Problem You’re Solving and How
- Then, I’ll create your brand story that will be used on your About page and throughout your website. This brand story will incorporate all the work we have done and will be used to give your ideal clients an insight into who you are, what you do and why you serve the people you do.
Step 8: Creating Your Services and Packages: What Are You Selling?
- I’ll help you get really clear on what it is your selling
- Then, I’ll help you package up your services, considering things like timeframe, price, backend processes, what’s included and what is the expected result
Step 9: Website Copy: Creating a Homebase
- I’ll create the first draft of your website copy and lay it out in a friendly website format
- You’ll have a chance to review the copy and provide feedback
- Then, I’ll send over the final copy, laid out in its final design with SEO keywords and metadata included
- Now all you need to do is load the copy on your website and start marketing!
I came to Rachel because I knew my business didn’t reflect who I was at all, but I didn’t know where to begin. Rachel not only provided a whole host of insightful answers to my questions, she helped me completely redefine the questions! The highlight of the project was when I realised I was working from a faulty premise: that I knew who my target market was, when in fact it didn’t suit me at all. Shifting my thinking about that helped me to see a whole host of new opportunities that would actually be fulfilling and enjoyable. I could never have gained new insight about my business and brand on my own.Nicole Merlin
Working with Rachel enabled me to understand that I didn’t have one but three different target audience groups. She then helped me clarify who they were and what they were after. Rachel is reliable, honest and enthusiastic, and I hope I’ll have the opportunity to work with her again in the near future.Solène Anglaret
What you can expect when we work together
Prefer quick text message check-ins over Zoom chats? Work better with a coffee or a wine in hand? I’ll do my best to accommodate your working style, time zone and adult duties aka raising mini humans. But for the most part, we’ll be doing the work between 10 am – 6 pm Monday to Fridays.
We weren’t built to go it alone. But so many of us believe that being lonely, exhausted and ‘faking it till you make it’ is what running a business is all about. It’s not. I don’t believe in throwing a bunch of templates at my clients and seeing what sticks. I work closely with my clients for the duration of the program. And while I’ll be guiding you through it, you’ll see the best results when you show up so we can do the work together.
I know you have other stuff going on, so I always work with my clients to ensure everyone is aware of the project timeline, action items and who’s responsible for what. I’m known for giving clients a kick-up-the-butt or hurrah-go-you-girl talk depending on where they’re at. Because let’s face it, most of us need that extra push.
I don’t believe in telling people what to do because I don’t have all the answers, but I do have the tools, insights and questions that will help YOU make the right decisions for your business. I won’t be giving you my ‘exact’ system to anything but I will be taking you through a brand, sales and copywriting process that has worked for hundreds of my clients.
Confidence and Clarity
If you’re honest with yourself, the real reason you don’t want to scream from the rooftops about your business is that you don’t feel confident. You don’t know what makes you different in the sea of sameness. You aren’t clear on what it is you offer and whom you want to help. Getting super clear about your message and purpose AND being able to articulate that in words is the first step to building the confidence you need to make your dreams of running a successful business a reality.
I know a thing or two about running a successful business. For the last six years, I’ve been doing my own thing and for the six years before that, I was using my experience in strategic communications to help global brands be profitable and successful. I have a bachelor’s degree in journalism, another in business management, and a master’s degree in international development.
I run my own training courses; speak at events; have articles published in national publications, and I teach media and communications at a Melbourne-based university. And I’ve achieved all this without million dollar budgets, unlimited resources and working 60 hours a week. I will tell you everything I know, you just have to ask.
Rachel helped me to get the tone and voice of my new portfolio website just right. Her copywriting insights were invaluable. Rachel genuinely listened to what I was trying to achieve and did so with great professionalism and humour.Tania Sheward
Rachel’s professional manner made me feel that no problem was too big and she was always quick to respond to any question I had. Rachel’s assistance in building me a new website, rebranding all my online communication tools, and condensing and centralising my brand messaging, has helped me step out in my new direction with confidence and the ability to succinctly sell myself and my skills. I now have an online presence I am very proud of. It is completely aligned to my message, and highlights my individual skills and expertise.Jess Ball
Rachel helped me to understand how branding carries over into content planning for social media, my website, and newsletter – it’s so simple and doable! I now feel more confident in choosing what I want my audience to know about me and what I offer. I found the clarity I’ve always been looking for in a communications consultant.Anna Manuel
So how can you tell you need a unique advantage?
- You’re really good at what you do, but that isn’t reflected in your client roster
- You’re too embarrassed to send people to your current website
- Your current business messaging and purpose doesn’t reflect who you are anymore
- You’re doing all the marketing things (Insta, FB groups, sales funnels, webinars etc.) but aren’t seeing any results
- Your website traffic is down, down, down
- Your current clients are OK but you’d rather work with dreamy clients
- You’re known for a bunch of different things but not the one thing you want to be known for
- You don’t pick your clients, they pick you
- You’ve racked your brain for solutions but haven’t had any aha moments, and now you’re feeling deflated
Become the unique advantage you’ve been seeking.
Once you’re clear on your brand message and your purpose you’ll be one-step closer to…
- Running a business you love
- Filling all the places in your client roster months in advance
- Finally having a regular income
- Becoming known for your expertise
- Feeling confident to talk about yourself and your work
- Having an online presence you’re proud of
What makes this program different from other website copywriting packages?
In Unique Advantage, I revamp your messaging, define your ideal client, AND write your website copy at the same time.
With other copywriters, you need to have your messaging and client personas mapped out before you can hire them. It’s a misconception that if you hire a copywriter, they’ll do all the prep work for you.
A great copywriter can deliver amazing copy, but most don’t have the marketing, sales and design skillsets to be able to create website copy that will help sell your service or product. But I do.
Do I get one-on-one time with you?
Yep. This is all one-on-one. I don’t offer any group programs.
What do I need to have ready before we start?
You need to have a solid understanding of who you are, what you do, and who your ideal clients are.
That is, you need to be clear on what your purpose is, what you hope to achieve or change through your business, and whom you want to help.
I can help you get these ideas down into words but we need something to work with.
How much work do I need to do?
This is a done-for-you program. This means I will be leading you through the process every step of the way.
I’ll be doing the majority of the branding and ideal client work, and I’ll be writing all of your website copy.
But I still need your help.
You’ll need to set aside ample time to complete my questionnaires, have Zoom meetings, and provide feedback on the website copy. You’ll see the best results when we work together.
How will we conduct our meetings and collaborate throughout the program?
We’ll meet on Zoom and have regular check-ins via email. This means we can work together even if we live on opposite sides of the world.
How long will this take?
This program from start to finish usually takes between 6-8 weeks.
What kind of results can I expect?
That’s completely up to you.
What I can promise, is that my Unique Advantage program is jam-packed with support, advice, and tried and tested approaches to make sure that when the right person lands on your site, they stop scrolling and think “Wow! She’s speaking to me.”
Your website copy can only give people the, “She gets what I’m going through feeling” when you’re super clear on your messaging, who you’re speaking to, and what problem you’re solving.
But it’s up to you to make sure you’re putting yourself out and are being seen and heard by the right people. Your website is your home base, and it’s important to set this up first.
Unfortunately, the hard work doesn’t stop there; you still need to do other marketing work to ensure people are actually visiting your site so they can hire you.
Unique Advantage will give you the foundations, knowledge and confidence you need to achieve success in your business, whatever that looks like for you.
Can we use the web copy that’s on my site already?
Yep. We can use this as a starting point and build upon the work you have already done.
I’m just starting my business, is this program right for me?
It sure is. Unique Advantage is perfect for new businesses just starting out who want to lay a solid foundation from the get-go OR businesses who have been around for 6-12 months but feel it’s time to be more strategic so they can achieve their business goals.
Do you have experience in my industry?
I most likely do. I’ve worked with writers, photographers, designers, brand consultants, PR specialists, naturopaths, personal trainers, yoga instructors, accountants, lawyers, engineers, and the list could go on.
I’ve written website copy on every topic you can think of from garden hoses to cochlear implants.
The thing is industry experience doesn’t necessarily make a good marketer or copywriter. Website copy shouldn’t focus only on what you do or what industry you’re in. Great copy focuses on the people the business serves. And to do that, you need someone who understands people.
I step into the mind of your customer so you can speak directly to their needs, wants, fears and challenges. My website copy creates a bridge between you and your customers, making it easier for you to build a relationship that lasts.
How many people do you work with at any given time?
I hear ya! Many online businesses are all about quantity over quality but that’s not me.
I never want to feel like I’m just another number, which is why I make sure you never feel like one either.
I’m just as invested in my clients’ success as my own. That’s why I only accept 2-3 new clients for this package every month.
Are payment plans available?
Yep. We can chat about this when we have our complimentary consultation session.